Job title Manager Accounts & Finance
Reports to Director Finance
Supervises a) Assistant Manager Accounts & Finance
- Senior Accounts Officer
- Accounts Officer
- Accounts officer /Recovery Officer
- Supporting Staff
Basic function To manage the accounting & finance affairs of the company and report to management well in time.
The Manager Accounts & Finance will be responsible to:
- Monitor all activities of Accounts & Finance Section
- Defines internal controls and their implementation within the section
- Define and segregate duties of Accounts & Finance Section
- Co – Ordinate with the various section for streamlining the movement of source information to
Accounts & Finance section.
- Deal with the matters relating to personal of Accounts & Finance section
- Approve intersectional transfer salary & category variation, warning letters, clearance certificate,
and termination letters of staff members of Accounts & Finance with consolation of HR.
- Co – Ordinate with the employees and department / section heads for clearance and final settlement
- Monitor advances and receivables.
- Recover advances and other expenses from the employees.
- Define the Structure of the Accounts section in consultation with DGM/GM/CEO
- Define and develop the financial accounting system including the chart of account and accounts codes.
- Permit Assistant A&F Manager for opening the new account in the books of Account.
- Supervise the activities of data collection and recording.
- CO – ordinate with the client for payments against invoices.
Arrange the financing facilities from the local banks in consultation with the DGM/GM/CEO.
- Co – ordinate with the DGM/GM/CEO with the reference to operations of bank accounts / transaction.
- Supervise the activities if receipt and disbursements.
18 Verify the invoices / bills and payments vouchers for bank & cash payments.
- Correspond with the banks for relevant issues.
- Check and verify the bank receipt and payment vouchers and cheques before signing by the authorized signatories.
- Weekly meeting with other departments.
- Timely submission of management Reports.